Samuel P. Taylor State Park Cabins
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Picnic Table
- Accessible Restroom
- Roll In Shower
- Accessible BBQ
Located just an hour north of San Francisco and situated amongst bay, oak, madrone, and redwood trees in Samueul P. Taylor State Park, the 12’ x 20’ Madrone Cabins provide an easy, year-round outdoor getaway for those in the Bay Area and is a great home base for exploring the park as well as nearby Point Reyes National Seashore. Two of the five cabins are wheelchair accessible even though the website only shows one (#4 Coh). One cabin is kept offline and is available for people that might show up at the park for same day reservations. Given it’s quality and location, the Madrone Cabins are one of the best deals in the Bay Area.
The cabins are located just across the road from the main park so after a good nights rest you may want to explore the several miles of accessible trails in the park including the Cross Marin Trail that is paved for at least 2.5-miles and the newer compacted dirt and gravel South Creek Trail that follows Lagunitas Creek.
Accessible campsites are also available but were not reviewed.
- Accessible Parking:
- Yes – Designated accessible parking space with access aisle, van accessible, Firm surface, slope not greater than 1:12
- Accessible Picnic Table:
- Yes – reachable by firm and stable path, firm and stable surface, knee clearance at least 27" high
- Entry to Sleeping Unit:
- Level entry, doors at least 32" clearance
- Paths of travel:
- Accessible paths of travel to sleeping area and restroom.
- Unit Reviewed:
Madrone cabins are set a little back from Sir Francis Drake Blvd and offer a quieter experience than the park’s campgrounds. The spacious, clean cabins are equipped with a woodstove style heater, plenty of counter space, electricity, and outside you’ll find a picnic table, water spigot and bbq. You must bring all of your own bedding. One lower bunk bed is a full size bed (not pictured). Bathroom/shower facilities are located several hundred feet, slightly uphill from the cabins and have flush toilets, hot water and coin-operated showers.
- clear 32" path to temperature controls, clear 32" path to lighting controls, light switch no higher than 48", clear 32" path to curtains
- sleeps 5, 1 double with a single bunk bed above it and 3 single (bunk beds), at least 36" clear space along one side of bed, bed(s) are not moveable, 19.5 inches high, 9 inches clearance under bed
- accessible electrical outlets are available indoors, no outdoor electrical outlets, unit is heated (Electric),unit does not have air conditioning or fan,no potable water is available ensuite
- Complex Bathroom - Several hundred feet from the cabins. There is an accessible parking space next to the restrooms.
- Bathroom Features:
- path to bathroom is not lighted, door has at least 32" clearance, at least 5'x5' turn circle, at least 28" clear space at toilet, grab bars on back wall and at least one side of toilet, toilet height between 17" and 19", sink clearance at least 27" high and 30" wide, roll-in shower, affixed wooden shower bench, bars in shower, no hand-held wand in shower, lowered showerhead, shower is coin-operated.
- More Info:
- Water spigot just outside the cabin
- Useful to know:
A $100 refundable deposit is due at the time of booking.-