Spring Lake Cabins
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Picnic Table
- Accessible Restroom
- Roll In Shower
- Accessible BBQ
Three wedge-shaped cabins at Spring Lake offer campers a convenient and refined camping experience where there is no more fiddling with tent poles or lathering up with bug spray. These 170-square foot, fully enclosed cabins are constructed from western red cedar and let in plenty of light. Windows near the ceiling allow for some star gazing through mature trees. Upon waking in the morning and seeing trees in the upper windows, I had the sense of waking up in a tree house.
Set amongst 31 campsites in an oak woodland above the lake, you barely notice that the town of Santa Rosa is just out the park road so if you don’t want to cook, there are plenty of nearby dining options. When not at the campground you can hike the trails that course through Howarth Park or picnic at a scenic spot.
- Accessible Parking:
- Yes – Designated accessible parking space with access aisle, van accessible, Firm surface, slope not greater than 1:12
- Accessible Picnic Table:
- Yes – reachable by firm and stable path, firm and stable surface, knee clearance at least 27" high
- Entry to Sleeping Unit:
- Entry by ramp with slope of 1:12 or less, doors at least 32" clearance
- Paths of travel:
- Accessible paths of travel to sleeping area, registration, and restroom.
- Unit Reviewed:
- # 25
All of the cabins are accessed by a ramp but only Cabin 25 is designated as ADA accessible because it is slightly larger and outside the cabin is an accessible faucet and an electrical outlet that one can run an electric cord to through a hole in the cabin wall. It is also closest to the restroom/shower which for some may not be a draw. Each cabin includes sleeping platforms with bare mattresses (no bedding provided), decks with seating, a porch, picnic & prep table, fire ring, charcoal grill, and food locker.
Cabin #25 and #30 sleeps 4; Cabin #28 sleeps 6. For an additional fee, cabin campsites may accommodate 1 to 2 tents depending on tent size. Total occupancy for each site is 8 people.
- sleeps 4, Cabin 25 has a double bed and a bunk bed, at least 36" clear space along one side of bed, bed(s) are not moveable, Double bed is 22 inches; the lower bunk bed is 17 inches high, 6 inches clearance under bed
- electrical outlets are available outdoors
- Bathroom Features:
- path to bathroom is not lighted, door has at least 32" clearance, at least 5'x5' turn circle, at least 28" clear space at toilet, grab bars on back wall and at least one side of toilet, toilet height between 17" and 19", sink clearance at least 27" high and 30" wide, roll-in shower, affixed wooden shower bench, bars in shower, no hand-held wand in shower, lowered showerhead, shower is coin-operated.
- More Info:
- Cabins are equipped with portable lanterns but it is a good idea to bring your own lights.