Burney Falls Cabins
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Picnic Table
- Accessible Restroom
- Roll In Shower
- Accessible BBQ
- Food available on-site
McArthur Burney Falls State Park is located within the Cascade Range between statuesque Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen. The park's centerpiece is the 129-foot Burney Falls. There are several accessible trails, a small visitor center and Lake Britton is easily reached by the park road.
Set within the campground are 24 rustic cabins, two are accessible but are not located with the cluster of standard cabins so if you’re travelling with others renting a standard cabin, you will not be close to each other unless they pitch a tent at your cabin site. A well-stocked general store is nearby.
- Accessible Parking:
- Yes – Designated accessible parking space with access aisle, van accessible, Firm surface, slope not greater than 1:12
- Accessible Picnic Table:
- Yes – reachable by firm and stable path, firm and stable surface, knee clearance at least 27" high
- Entry to Sleeping Unit:
- Entry by ramp with slope of 1:12 or less, doors at least 32" clearance
- Paths of travel:
- Accessible paths of travel to sleeping area, registration, and restroom.
- More Info:
- The picnic tables at the cabins are located on uneven terrain and while not ideal, they may be accessible to some wheelchair rider's. Other tables throughout the park are accessible. The most accessible path to the restroom building that serves the cabins is via the paved park road.
- Unit Reviewed:
- Cabin 59
These no-frills cabins are equipped with a variety of cots, platform beds with thin foam pads and extra mattresses for the floor; you will need to bring your own bedding.For the price, one would expect more comfortable beds. While there is not much interior space to lounge, a roomy covered porch is a much better option for hanging out. Outside there is room to pitch a tent, a campfire ring and picnic table. Each cabin is well-insulated against chilly nights and is equipped with propane heaters but there is no electricity or plumbing except for a water spigot outside the cabin. Bathrooms and showers are in a nearby building so be sure to bring a flashlight as the path to them is not lighted.
Cabin #62 has the same features but sleeps 6. Bed heights range from 20”-24”
- clear 32" path to curtains
- sleeps 4, at least 36" clear space along one side of bed, bed(s) are moveable, Double cot 23 inches high
- no indoor electrical outlets, unit is heated (Propane),no potable water is available ensuite
- Bathroom Features:
- path to bathroom is not lighted, door has at least 32" clearance, at least 5'x5' turn circle, at least 28" clear space at toilet, grab bars on back wall and at least one side of toilet, toilet height between 17" and 19", sink clearance at least 27" high and 30" wide, roll-in shower, affixed wooden shower bench, bars in shower, no hand-held wand in shower, lowered showerhead.
- Bathroom Barriers:
Shower bench is small. There is also a narrow tiled changing bench