- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Picnic Table
- Accessible Restroom
- Roll In Shower
- Firewood for sale
- Dogs allowed
Leave your troubles behind as well as any notions that camping isn’t comfortable when you Glamp (glamorous camping) at Mendcino Grove. Located on 37 acres of woodland just 1/4 mile south of the charming town of Mendocino and minutes from a few accessible trails (MacKerricker State Park, Van Damme State Park). Here you’ll enjoy all the romance of camping without the hassle of tent wrangling and packing lots of gear. You can cook on site at a community BBQ facility and at night or early morning, warm up at a bonfire near the large community deck. Friendly owners and staff who live on site are there to welcome you and answer your questions. You can choose from 3 different accessible tent options Classic (2 twin beds), Classic wih bluff view (1 queen bed) and a Family Tent (1 queen, 2 twins).
- Accessible Parking:
- Yes – Designated accessible parking space with access aisle, van accessible, Firm surface, slope not greater than 1:12
- Accessible Picnic Table:
- Yes – reachable by firm and stable path, firm and stable surface, knee clearance at least 27" high
- Entry to Sleeping Unit:
- Entry by ramp with slope of 1:12 or less, doors at least 32" clearance
- Paths of travel:
- Accessible paths of travel to sleeping area, registration, and restroom.
- Unit Reviewed:
The spacious 12' x 14' safari Classic tents are housed on wooden platforms with decks and come fully outfitted with a heated bed pad, down comforter, cotton linens, lanterns, sling back deck chairs, picnic table and a fire ring. The Classic tent reviewed here has 2 single beds. To enter the tent you will need to unzip it and while this may be problematic from a wheelchair, friendly staff are always willing to help.
Nights can be chilly but between the heated bed pad and hot water bottle that is provided you’ll stay cozy under the covers. Speaking of cozy, you’ll want to linger in bed in the mornings to listen to the birds. If you have to get up during the night to use the nearby restroom you’ll want something warm to wear and a flashlight.
- sleeps 2, Two twin beds, at least 36" clear space along one side of bed, bed(s) are moveable
- accessible electrical outlets are available indoors, unit is not heated (Bed has heated pad),unit does not have air conditioning or fan
- Bathroom Features:
- door has at least 32" clearance, at least 5'x5' turn circle, at least 28" clear space at toilet, grab bars on back wall and at least one side of toilet, toilet height between 17" and 19", sink clearance at least 27" high and 30" wide, roll-in shower, affixed wooden shower bench, bars in shower, hand-held wand in shower, shower wand can be reached from bench.
- More Info:
- Shower is in a separate area from the restroom.