Marconi Conference Center
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Restroom
- Roll In Shower
- Food available on-site
This idyllic historic hillside property overlooks Tomales Bay and operates primarily as a conference center but individual travelers are also welcome. It is a good location to base from if you want to explore Point Reyes and Tomales Bay. The grounds are the draw here as the one accessible room is small and not designed for lounging in; the registration building has a comfortable lounge with lovely views. There are well-maintained trails throughout the property and while none are level some will be manageable in a wheelchair especially ones that are motorized. You will likely see deer and other wildlife roaming the property. This is the sort of place you visit to find peace, relax and unplug; WiFi is limited. The rate includes a full hot breakfast.
- Accessible Parking:
- Yes – Designated accessible parking space with access aisle, van accessible, Firm surface, slope not greater than 1:12
- Accessible Picnic Table:
- Partial – reachable by firm and stable path, firm and stable surface, knee clearance at least 27" high
- Entry to Sleeping Unit:
- Level entry, doors at least 32" clearance
- Paths of travel:
- Accessible paths of travel to sleeping area and registration.
- Unit Reviewed:
- Heron Bldg #102
Decorated in calming tones the small but comfortable room has a table with a coffee maker, a night stand, and bed but little else. It would be tight maneuvering for two people in wheelchairs.
- clear 32" path to temperature controls, thermostat no higher than 48", clear 32" path to lighting controls, no clear 32" path to curtains
- sleeps 2, Queen bed, at least 36" clear space along one side of bed, bed(s) are moveable, 22 inches high, 6 3/4 inches clearance under bed
- accessible electrical outlets are available indoors, unit is heated (Electric),potable water is available ensuite
- Bathroom Features:
- door has at least 32" clearance, at least 5'x5' turn circle, at least 28" clear space at toilet, grab bars on back wall and at least one side of toilet, toilet height between 17" and 19", sink clearance at least 27" high and 30" wide, roll-in shower, affixed padded shower bench, bars in shower, hand-held wand in shower, shower wand cannot be reached from bench.
- Registration Building and Dining Hall
- Bathroom Features:
- door has at least 32" clearance, at least 5'x5' turn circle, at least 28" clear space at toilet, grab bars on back wall and at least one side of toilet, toilet height between 17" and 19", standard-height showerhead.
- Useful to know:
WiFi is limited-