- Accessible Restrooms
- Accessible Parking
- Wildlife viewing
- Particularly good for families
Cooley Landing Park and an Education Center are located within the preserve. The center is currently used for rentals only.
Trails and Pathways
- Bay Trail: Ravenswood Preserve
- Time to Complete:
- 45 minutes
- Trailhead Location:
- Bay Road, Cooley Landing and University Ave
- Trail Length:
- 1-2 total miles
- Typical Width:
- 4 ft. & above
- Typical Grade:
- Typical Terrain:
- Accessible Parking:
- Yes – designated accessible parking, van accessible, firm, level or slope no greater than 2%;
To hike the 1.2 trail it’s best to park at the Bay Rd trailhead or at Cooley Landing at the foot of Bay Rd.; there’s only residential street parking at the University trailhead.
- Accessible Restroom:
- Yes – During my visit in 2021 the restrooms at Cooley Landing were closed but nearby was an accessible portable unit.
- Accessible Picnic Table:
- Yes – firm & stable path to tables, firm & stable surface, 27" or greater knee clearance; Located At Cooley Landing
- Good to Know:
- Except for the nearly constant small aircraft noise from nearby Palo Alto Airport the trail is a good location to bird watch.