Point Reyes Hostel
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Restroom
- Roll In Shower
Point Reyes Hostel is a small hostel nestled in a secluded area of Point Reyes National Seashore. Surrounded by lush hills and just a few miles from the ocean, it is an ideal base to explore all the sights nearby; hiking trails, Point Reyes Lighthouse, and Tomales Bay. The quaint town of Point Reyes Station, 8 miles away, offers excellent dining and shopping.
The hostel consists of two historic buildings and one new eco-certified building that houses the accessible rooms. Each building has a communal kitchen, living space, and small patio that overlook the hills. Registration is in an inaccessible building, so if traveling by yourself you’ll want to arrange in advance for a staff member to come out to check you in as there is little to no cellular service and no WiFi although there is a call button at the accessible parking. At check-in you will receive a door code to enter the room.
- Accessible Parking:
- Yes – Designated accessible parking space with access aisle, van accessible, Firm surface, slope not greater than 1:12
- Accessible Picnic Table:
- Entry to Sleeping Unit:
- Level entry, doors at least 32" clearance
- Paths of travel:
- Accessible paths of travel to sleeping area and registration.
- Unit Reviewed:
The accessible lodging located in the new building is just twenty feet from the accessible parking space making it convenient to unload your bags. Four private rooms each sleep up to 5 people; two rooms are deemed wheelchair accessible. These small rooms have a Houston bed (double bed with a single bunk above) and a set of single-sized bunk beds and are good for families. It would be very cramped, if even possible, for two people in wheelchairs to share a room. Each set of rooms shares a private shower room and private bathroom. There is good access, and the amenities are clean and new. The communal room is pleasant and inviting. A well-equipped communal kitchen has a roll-under sink and lowered island countertop. As there are no stores nearby, it is recommended to bring your own food.
- no clear 32" path to temperature controls, light switch no higher than 48"
- sleeps 5, A double bed with a single bunk above and a set of bunk beds, less than 36" clear space around bed, bed(s) are not moveable, 21 inches high, 6.5 inches clearance under bed
- accessible electrical outlets are available indoors, unit is heated (Electric)
- Restroom for accessible unit
- Bathroom Features:
- door has at least 32" clearance, at least 5'x5' turn circle, at least 28" clear space at toilet, grab bars on back wall and at least one side of toilet, toilet height between 17" and 19", sink clearance at least 27" high and 30" wide, roll-in shower, affixed wooden shower bench, bars in shower, hand-held wand in shower.
- More Info:
- There is 34 inches clearance at bedside. Curtains are blocked by furniture. One of the four accessible sleeping rooms has wider doors than the others so when you make a reservation explain that you need that room.