Clear Lake Cabins
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Picnic Table
- Accessible Restroom
- Roll In Shower
- Accessible BBQ
Located on the shores of California’s largest freshwater lake, Clear Lake State Park is popular for all kinds of water recreation, including swimming, fishing, boating and water-skiing. Visitors may also enjoy picnicking, a Visitor Center and lakeside tent camping. Also available for rent are 8 rustic cabins of which 2 are ADA accessible. Hikers can enjoy several miles of accessible self-guided interpretive trails that showcase the natural features of the park.
- Accessible Parking:
- Yes – Designated accessible parking space with access aisle, van accessible, Firm surface, slope not greater than 1:12
- Accessible Picnic Table:
- Yes – reachable by firm and stable path, firm and stable surface, knee clearance at least 27" high
- Entry to Sleeping Unit:
- Entry by ramp with slope of 1:12 or less, doors at least 32" clearance
- Paths of travel:
- Accessible paths of travel to sleeping area, registration, and restroom.
- Unit Reviewed:
At the western end of the Kelsey Campground are 8 cabins that sleep a maximum of 4 people—no tents are allowed. Each cabin is equipped with electricity, heaters, air-conditioners and lights. Indoors you’ll find a large storage cupboard, counter space and a fixed table with 2 benches. Outdoors is a fire pit, barbeque and picnic bench. At night you might be drawn to hang out on the large lakeside lawn and listen to the birds.
- clear 32" path to temperature controls, clear 32" path to lighting controls, light switch no higher than 48", no clear 32" path to curtains
- sleeps 4, Full size bunk bed, at least 36" clear space along one side of bed, bed(s) are not moveable, 26 high
- electrical outlets are available indoors, unit is heated,unit has air conditioning or fan,no potable water is available ensuite
- Bathroom Features:
- path to bathroom is not lighted, door has at least 32" clearance, at least 5'x5' turn circle, at least 28" clear space at toilet, grab bars on back wall and at least one side of toilet, toilet height between 17" and 19", sink clearance at least 27" high and 30" wide, roll-in shower, affixed wooden shower bench, bars in shower, no hand-held wand in shower, lowered showerhead.
- More Info:
- Some curtains are blocked by a non-moveable table.