Tenaya Lodge-Explorer Cabin
- Accessible Parking
- Food available on-site
- Dogs allowed
Located near Yosemite National Park’s south entrance Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite offers a variety of lodging options including cottage rooms, lodge rooms, suites, and reviewed here, the Explorer Cabins which opened in 2018. The cabins are located on 27 forested acres with views of a creek, pond and alpine meadows. When open (temporarily closed due to Covid-19) a continental breakfast and afternoon reception is offered at the Explorer Clubhouse, a central gathering place for guests staying at the Explorer Cabins. From there it's about a 10-minute walk along a quiet path to the main lodge if you want to indulge in the resorts amenities; spa, dining, pools and gameroom. (check for temporary closures).
When you're ready to explore Yosemite you might want to avoid the hassel of driving and take advantage of one of the tours offered in a custom-made wheelchair-accessible tour bus complete with a retractable glass roof.
- Accessible Parking:
- Yes – Designated accessible parking space with access aisle, Firm surface, slope not greater than 1:12
- Entry to Sleeping Unit:
- Level entry, doors at least 32" clearance
- Paths of travel:
- Accessible path of travel to sleeping area.
- Unit Reviewed:
- 9 & 42
These premium, 2-bedroom Explorer Cabins have a living area furnished with a sleeper sofa, an easy chair, and a gas fireplace. The adjacent kitchenette is equipped with a sink, microwave, wetbar, and a refrigerator. One bedroom has a large deck where there is plenty of room to lounge while soaking up views of Big Creek. To add to the cabin's cushiness, each cabin comes with free Wi-Fi, a television, binoculars, s'more kits and a Keurig coffee maker.
- clear 32" path to temperature controls, thermostat no higher than 48", clear 32" path to lighting controls, light switch no higher than 48"
- sleeps 6, 2 Queen beds and sleeper sofa, at least 36" clear space along one side of bed, 23 inches high
- electrical outlets are available indoors, unit is heated
- Useful to know: