Del Valle Regional Park Cabins
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Picnic Table
- Accessible Restroom
- Roll In Shower
- Accessible BBQ
Set deep in a valley framed by oak-covered hills, with sailboats and sailboards skimming over its waters, Del Valle is like a lakeside resort south of Livermore. The centerpiece of the park is a lake five miles long with a variety of water-oriented recreation, from swimming to windsurfing and boating, surrounded by 4,395 acres of beautiful land for hiking, horseback riding, and nature study. The family campground has 150 sites including accessible tent sites as well as 2 accessible rustic cabins (#55 & #56). The Eastshore Trail that borders the east side of the lake may be accessible to some; there are some very steep section.
- Accessible Parking:
- Yes – Designated accessible parking space with access aisle, van accessible, Firm surface, slope not greater than 1:12
- Accessible Picnic Table:
- Yes – reachable by firm and stable path, firm and stable surface, knee clearance at least 27" high
- Entry to Sleeping Unit:
- Entry by ramp with slope of 1:12 or less, doors at least 32" clearance
- Paths of travel:
- Accessible paths of travel to sleeping area, registration, and restroom.
- Unit Reviewed:
- 55 and 56
Check out one of the new 285 sq. ft. rustic cabins (#55 & #56 are accessible) that are equipped with an electric wood stove (no wood needed), electrical outlet, small counter-top, air-conditioning, and can sleep 5 people; you’ll need to bring your own bedding. Outdoors you’ll find a picnic table, fire pit with grill, a porch and a water spigot between cabin 56 and 59. There is partial tree shade over most cabins and picnic table. All cabin sites have a parking pad adjacent to the cabin that can accommodate 1-2 vehicles. It is a short walk to water and bathrooms with shower facilities.
- clear 32" path to temperature controls, clear 32" path to lighting controls, light switch no higher than 48"
- sleeps 5, Single/single bunk-bed and a single/double bunk-bed indoors, at least 36" clear space along one side of bed, bed(s) are not moveable
- electrical outlets are available indoors, unit is heated,unit has air conditioning or fan,no potable water is available ensuite
- Campground Restroom & Shower Building - Approx 200 feet from Cabins 55 & 56
- Bathroom Features:
- door has at least 32" clearance, at least 5'x5' turn circle, at least 28" clear space at toilet, grab bars on back wall and at least one side of toilet, toilet height between 17" and 19", sink clearance at least 27" high and 30" wide, roll-in shower, affixed wooden shower bench, no hand-held wand in shower, lowered showerhead.
- Bathroom Barriers:
- A wooden changing bench is in the shower room.
- More Info:
- 3 additional people can camp outdoors at the cabin site.
- Useful to know:
Cabins 55 & 56 are wheelchair accessible. Cabin 56 does not have any requirement for a reservation. For reservations at Cabin 55, you must have a California DMV Disabled Person (or Disabled Veteran) Placard or License Plate (or those issued by similar agency of another state) with an identification card matching the name on the placard. Placards and identification cards will be checked when you check into the campsite.-